It’s been a season…
A long winter. A long trimester.
Spring is here.* Sometime very soon, a new baby will be here.**
I am tempted to complain, and all too often give in to that fleshly temptation- I am a work in progress.
I’m tired. I’m achy. I’m yearning for sunshine so badly.
Despite my negative natural inclination, I am reminded of the multitudes of His goodness, multitudes that bless me every day, so much more than I could ever deserve. He is such a gracious Father. If my mothering could even come close…
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
-Romans 2:4 KJV
I’ve gotten caught up in my busy-ness, taking my eyes off of His goodness far too often these past few weeks. I’m finding myself in a place where I seem to see the need for repentance in every area of my life that I take the time to ponder… every area of my heart that I find the courage to open up…
His love is overwhelming, and yes, it does lead me to repentance. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, I am a work in progress, and I have such a long way to go…
It’s doubly humbling that as I walk through this life, stumbling along my on-again off-again always-needing-to-find-my-way-back-to-a-place-of-repentance pathway, His goodness comes 1st, just because of who He is. His goodness comes before my repentance.
691. glimpses of sunshine, growing more frequent
692. the sense of awe and wonder I feel as 2 yr old’s vocabulary grows exponentially day by day
693. a perfectly wonderful ultrasound after a slightly concerning non-stress test
694. homemade bibs
695. crafty family
696. newly knit baby hats
697. a packed hospital bag
698. getting through our current asthma flare-ups, with both Hope and Grace, managing well with meds, not requiring any ER, hospital, or even clinic visits
699. the blessing of the kindness of a practical stranger- a blog reader has gifted us with a gently used car seat- the one big ticket item we had yet needed to buy (our last one’s handle broke!) Things don’t always hold up through years of use and 7 chidlren… Thank You, Jessica!
700. buying the 1st seed packets of the season
*It may officially be Spring, but as I mentioned on Twitter, I am officially ignoring the weather report, especially the part about the high of 28 degrees and snow accumulation of 3-5 inches. Sigh, life in Minnesota…
**39 weeks, 3 days, and for the record, I have never gone into labor before my due date…