UPDATED: Scroll to end…
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV
It’s been 10 weeks.
10 weeks of ups & downs.
- The joys of bringing home a precious new baby.
- The unbelievable heartache of losing a precious cousin & nephew.
10 weeks of busy.
- Multiple weekly therapy appointments
- Precious time with Tenney
- Thanksgiving with dear friends
- The hardest funeral we’ve ever attended
- Another induction
- Adjusting to new baby
- Christmas & New Year’s home with sick kids
- Asthma flare-ups
- Attempting to get some homeschooling done most days
- Reminding Ian to work on therapy exercises
- Long talks, some of them hard…
- Post-holiday sales shopping
- Getting a puppy!
10 weeks of trying not to worry about Ian’s next scans.
10 weeks of trying not to think about “what if?”
- What if that “area of concern” has grown/spread?
- What if there are new “areas of concern”?
- What if the cancer is back?
10 weeks of continuing to learn about trusting Him in those deep down ways, ways that are learned through deep trials, dark trials, hard trials, when there really is no other choice.
If I don’t trust Him, then what? Panic. Fear. Aching uncertainty that will eat away at a mother’s heart, and spread through the hearts of her husband and children.
That’s not a good option.
So I choose trust.
He’s got this. He’s got us.
He will carry us through, no matter what today’s scans show.
UPDATED: Stable! No change in the “area of concern”! No new spots! The only new concern was some new bulging of discs in his lower back, which, as long as he is not experiencing pain, they will just monitor… Thank you all for your many prayers for our Ian!!